August 10, 2009

Last First Day

Today is the "last first day" of high school for most of the people I spent my high school days with. Now, they're getting their schedule while I'm watching "Saved by the Bell" Reruns. It's the first day of many where I have to deal with myself wondering "What If?"

What if I were still in high school?

What if I would have stayed?

What if I messed up?

If i were still in high school, if I would have stayed, I would be taking regular classes. I would have had another year to deal with counselors, teachers, boring busy work. Sure I might miss prom, etc., etc. but it'd be selfish to stay for the "fun" times.

Of course it's not the greatest feeling when all your friends are there and you're not, but sometimes you just have to do what's best for you.

"Do your best, and forget the rest."

With that said, I have no regrets about leaving school early. There's no turning back now, not that it's ever occured to me. It's like a cross country race when the coach would tell us never to look back because it slows you down. I start in two weeks, and I'm excited :]

1 comment:

  1. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete